Use your name as entered in the form as file name for your photo and resume . For example: Name: Rajesh Pullarwar, Photo: rajesh pullarwar.jpg, rajesh pullarwar.png, Resume: rajesh pullarwar.pdf, rajesh pullarwar.doc
20th June 2017 . Write-up + sketch or trial proof
Participants should send the following through their IPEP registered email-ID with “Write-up + sketch or trial proof” as subject:
- Sketch or trial proof: Image of ‘Sketch or proof print’ for IPEP theme “Homeland” (Not Edition).
Format: As a .jpeg, .jpg, .png. file attachment, min 1500px wide at 72ppi/dpi. File name should contain participant’s registered full name and work title separated by a hyphen. For example: Rajesh Pullarwar – Untitled.jpg
- Write-up: A brief write-up about their approach to the subject in relation to their sketch. If selected, this will be included in the catalogue.
Format: As email message-text only. Max 100 words. Do not attach text files separately. Start with registered full name and work title separated by a hyphen. For example: Rajesh Pullarwar – Untitled.
30th June 2017 . Jury and Selection
Printmakers will be selected by the jury and finalists will be duly informed.
20th August 2017 . Submission of final print
Final prints of selected work must reach the address given below by 20th August 2017. Entries received after this due date will not be accepted.
(Rajesh Pullarwar, Curator,
International Print Exchange Programme (IPEP),
503/10A, Vrundavan MHADA, Shailendra Nagar, Dahisar East,
Mumbai – 400068, Maharashtra, India.
+91 9869620933, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Use any traditional hand-pulled process on archival paper with dimensions 30.5 cm x 30.5 cm (12″X 12″). Any other paper size will not be accepted. The printed image should be a minimum of 20 cm x 20 cm (8″x 8″).
Participants are required to send 43 editions of the same impression. Numbering of prints should be 1/43, 2/43 ….43/43. More/ less than 43 print notations will not be accepted. Edition should clearly mention the title, edition numbers, type of printing process employed and signature.
All prints must be protected with glassine paper of same size.
Please write “Printed Materials, No Commercial Value” on the shipments. This (one way) cost has to be borne by the participant.
15th October 2017 . Portfolios leave IPEP India
IPEP will compile sets of profiles and prints of all finalists. They will be packed in custom designed printed boxes and couriered back to each participant. Expenses will be borne by IPEP.
30th June 2018 . Exhibition by Participants
Each participant must exhibit the received IPEP compilation/ portfolio at a studio/ home/ gallery/ community-space etc. and invite people to celebrate printmaking and its strength. Share all related documentation (photographs, videos, publications, etc.) on Facebook.
Apply only if you can take on the responsibility to exhibit.
Terms and Conditions
– NO ENTRY FEE at any stage of the process.
– Digital prints/ photographs or prints in any size other than the specified dimensions will not be accepted.
– If any printmaker fails to meet submission deadlines, numbers of portfolios will reduce and the remaining extra prints will be sent back to the respective printmakers along with the compiled portfolio.
– Once selected, IPEP participants are not allowed to enroll for the next year’s chapter. They will be considered the year after.
– Participants who were not able to exhibit their IPEP India portfolio in the past will not be entertained further.
– IPEP will not be responsible for any loss or damage of prints in transit both ways.
– International Print Exchange Programme (IPEP) is a ‘non profitable individual initiative’ by the founder and printmaker Rajesh Pullarwar. There is no active involvement of any Institution / Gallery. IPEP’s decision will be final and binding throughout the process.
– It is mandatory to exhibit IPEP portfolio in/ around your locality (e.g.: studio, home, gallery, community space) and invite people to celebrate printmaking and its strength, and share all related documentation(photographs, video, publications, etc.) with the other participants on Facebook.
– If multiple participants belong to the same locality, they can pool in resources and have a common exhibition of IPEP portfolio.