SUBMISSION GUIDELINES/ DEADLINES
IPEP India 2018 – MICROCOSM-MACROCOSM
31st May 2018 . Registration.
All participants must join IPEP Facebook group. Then submit a duly filled Registration Form. There are no fees involved at any stage.
Use your name as entered in the form as file name for your photo and resume. For example: Name: Rajesh Pullarwar, Photo: rajesh pullarwar.jpg, rajesh pullarwar.png, Resume: rajesh pullarwar.pdf, rajesh pullarwar.doc
20th June 2018 . Write-up + sketch or trial proof.
Participants should send the following through their IPEP registered email-ID with ‘Sketch or trial proof + Write-up’ as subject:
- Sketch or trial proof: Image of ‘Sketch or proof print’ for IPEP theme “Microcosm – Macrocosm” (Not the print/ edition).
Format: Paper with dimensions 30.5 cm x 30.5 cm (12″X 12″). Any other size will not be accepted. The printed image should be a minimum of 20 cm x 20 cm (8″x 8″). Photograph or scan as .jpeg, .jpg, .png. file attachment, min 1500px wide at 72ppi/dpi. File name should contain participant’s registered full name and work title separated by a hyphen. For example: Rajesh Pullarwar – Untitled.jpg
- Write-up: A brief write-up about their approach to the subject in relation to their sketch. If selected, this will be included in the catalogue.
Format: As email message-text only. Max 100 words. Do not attach text files separately. Start with registered full name and work title separated by a hyphen. For example: Rajesh Pullarwar – Untitled.
30th June 2018 . Jury and Selection.
Entries will be reviewed by the curator and finalists duly informed. They need to confirm their ability to hold an IPEP portfolio exhibition one last time. Only those who reply in the affirmative can proceed with final submission.
10th September 2018 . Submission of final print.
Use any traditional hand-pulled process (Digital prints and photographs not allowed.) on archival paper with dimensions 30.5 cm x 30.5 cm (12″X 12″). Any other paper size will not be accepted. The printed image must be a minimum of 20 cm x 20 cm (8″x 8″).
Participants are required to send a fixed number of editions (number of participants + 6) of the same impression. Numbering of prints should be 01/nn, 02/nn …. nn/nn. More/ less than requested number of print notations will not be accepted. Each edition should clearly mention the title, edition number, type of printing process employed and signature.
All prints must be protected with glassine paper of same size.
Final prints/editions of selected work must reach the address given below by 10th September 2018. Entries received after this due date will not be accepted.
International Print Exchange Programme (IPEP),
503/10A, Vrundavan MHADA, Shailendra Nagar, Dahisar East,
Mumbai – 400068, Maharashtra, India.
+91 9869620933, email@example.com
Please write “Printed Materials, No Commercial Value” on the shipments. This (one way) cost has to be borne by the participant.
15th October 2018 . Portfolios leave IPEP India.
IPEP will compile sets of profiles and prints of all finalists. They will be packed in custom designed printed boxes and couriered back to each participant. Expenses will be borne by IPEP India.
30th June 2019 . Exhibition by Participants.
By 30th June 2019 each portfolio-holder must exhibit the received IPEP India compilation/ portfolio at a studio/ home/ gallery/ community-space etc. and invite people to celebrate printmaking and its strength. Share all related documentation (photographs, videos, publications, etc.) on Facebook.
Apply only if you can take on the responsibility to exhibit.
Terms and Conditions
– NO ENTRY FEE at any stage of the process.
– All submissions must be in the sizes and formats as specified in the guidelines.
– If any printmaker fails to meet submission deadlines, numbers of portfolios will reduce and the resulting extra prints (submitted by others) will be sent back to the respective printmakers along with the compiled portfolio.
– IPEP portfolio-holders are not allowed to enroll for the following year’s chapter. They can apply again the year after.
– Participants give the rights to IPEP India, portfolio-holders and exhibition organisers to exhibit the submitted works and make reproductions for promotional purposes.
– IPEP will not be responsible for any loss or damage of prints in transit both ways.
– International Print Exchange Programme (IPEP) is a ‘non-profitable individual initiative’ of founder, director and printmaker Rajesh Pullarwar. There is no active involvement of any institution/ gallery. IPEP’s decisions will be final and binding throughout the process.
– It is mandatory to exhibit IPEP portfolio in/ around your locality (e.g.: studio, home, gallery, community space) and invite people to celebrate printmaking and its strength, and share all related documentation(photographs, video, publications, etc.) publicly on Facebook. Select material in high resolution may be requested by IPEP for promotional purposes.
– If multiple participants belong to the same locality, they can pool in resources and have a common exhibition of IPEP portfolio.
– Participants who fail to exhibit their IPEP India portfolio will not be entertained further.